Arroz Con Valenciana
A traditional Spanish dish that is very popular in the Visayas region of the Philippines
1. Using your rice cooker, boil sticky rice in 4 ½ cups of water with turmeric powder and 2 pork/chicken cubes. When it\'s cooked, removed from the rice cooker and set aside.
2. Sauté crushed garlic, onion and pork. When the pork turns brown, add in chicken and 1 ½ cup water followed by 1 pork/chicken cubes . Add the laurel leaves. Simmer to soften the meat.
3. Once meat is fully cooked and juice slowly dries, add the liver, shrimp, red bell pepper, snow peas and raisins. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the cooked sticky rice with the sautéed ingredients. Mix well, cover wok and simmer in low heat for 8-10 minutes.
5. Garnish with quail eggs . Serve and enjoy.
5 cups Sticky Rice
½ kg Pork cut into bite size
¾ kg Shrimp peeled
2 lge Red Bell Peppers cut into strips
1 can Green / Snow Peas
½ cup Raisins
1 lge Onion thinly slicecd
1 tbsp Garlic crushed
12 Quails Eggs boiled and peeled
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1½ tbsp Tumeric powder
1 Pork Liver (optional) cut into bite size
½ kg Chicken cut into small pieces
Pork or Chicken cubes
4 Laurel Leaves